I am now off work until January 7th. Please feel free to contact me and I will respond to your messages on my return.
Christmas is a difficult time for many, so below are some numbers you may find helpful if you need immediate support over the Christmas period. Scroll past this photo to continue reading about how I can help you.
And I provide counselling for adults and young people in Oxton, Southwell and surrounding areas.
If you’re interested, you can find out a bit more about me here.
I help adults and young people like you, who are experiencing difficulties in coming to terms with trauma or abuse. This includes managing panic and anxiety, and loss of memory/losing time (dissociation). Through a warm, and non judgemental presence, I provide a space where you can allow all parts of yourself to be fully present, without judgement, to start to recover from your trauma.
Are you struggling to cope after a traumatic event, or historical trauma? Working together could help you, providing you with a safe and confidential space, to reduce your distress, and learn some coping strategies. You will experience a compassionate, kind, gentle and safe space, with good therapeutic boundaries. I can provide a safe and containing space for you to heal from your trauma. Resolving difficulties in counselling can be life changing, and enable you to move on to a happier, more fulfilling life.
Together, we’ll explore how to get to a place where the emotional ups and downs of life feel manageable, rather than totally overwhelming.
I can provide you with a safe space to improve how you cope, and reduce your distress.
Do Any of These Experiences Feel Familiar To You?
- struggling to keep a sense of normality
- difficulty in managing your emotions, or feeling emotionally numb
- unpredictable anxiety, panic, or flashbacks
- feeling empty, lost and alone
- unable to remember periods of time, or gaps in your memory
- you feel a deep sense of shame, with no self worth
- Maybe you feel people would be better off without you
If so, Counselling Can Help.
If you have found your way here, you are already on the way to finding some help. Sometimes life feels overwhelming and difficult – and its hard to know where to turn for support. I can help you.
I can provide you with a safe place to explore your emotions, and learn some coping strategies, to manage and reduce your distress.
I can help you to reduce the intensity of anxiety, panic and flashbacks.
I can work with you to feel better about yourself, and more confident. So that you feel more at ease in your body.
If You Feel Confused or Scared, I Understand, And You Are Not Alone
Unresolved trauma can result in you experiencing significant distress, and often the initial reason given for seeking help is one of depression, anxiety or panic. I know that you may feel reluctant to share painful stuff straight away, and thats okay – it’s normal. Having a safe space to explore how you feel, with someone you trust, can lead to real changes in how you feel, about your past, and yourself.
Perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed right now with all that’s going on. You may be:
- Feeling bad about yourself and your past. Experiencing shame and guilt about what has happened to you.
- Feeling anxiety and panic, which doesnt make sense to you.
- Coping with your feelings by using drugs or alcohol to numb them.
- Angry – which feels like it bubbles up out of nowhere.
- Experiencing poor confidence and low self esteem.
- Having episodes of ‘losing time’ – finding yourself in a situation with no memory of whats happened.
If coming to terms with trauma or abuse, managing panic and anxiety, and loss of memory/losing time (dissociation) is affecting your ability to live your life, then it may be time to consider counselling.
It’s Possible to Start Feeling Positive, and More In Touch With Yourself
I will commit to sitting with you in a safe space, without judgement and the pressure of time limited therapy.
I will allow you plenty of time, for you to feel safe, and to build a trusting relationship in which you feel able to share things which you may not have spoken about before.
I will honour your individuality and resilience, and work with you collaboratively and respectfully.
There Are Many Benefits To Counselling
Counselling can successfully help you with coming to terms with trauma or abuse, managing panic and anxiety, and loss of memory/losing time (dissociation). It can help you:
- become more self accepting – learning to like, even love yourself!
- have the confidence to be who you want to be, and to participate fully in life.
- Improve your communication and relationships with others.
- Develop coping strategies for when times are difficult (we all have them).
- Be free of shame and guilt from old traumas.
These are a just a few of the ways counselling can help you.
There is Hope, There Is Help
Having counselling can help you feel positive, and more in touch with yourself. Let’s discover how I can help you. Why not get in touch to arrange your first appointment. Drop me an email or use the ‘contact me‘ page.