You may be looking at this page because you are confused or worried about your experiences.
Do any of these situations feel familiar to you…?
- At times, nothing around me feels real
- Sometimes I feel detached from my body
- I feel confused at times, and its like Ive lost periods of time.
- I keep having mood swings, anxiety and panic attacks.
- Sometimes I have suicidal thoughts and feelings, and want to self-harm.
This is often a normal response to very difficult circumstances or trauma, its your brains way of taking care of you – even though it may not feel that way.
It can feel worrying and confusing to dissociate. This can include ‘losing’ periods of time, feeling detached from your body, or from everything around you, or feeling very shut down and numb. Often, feelings of anxiety, a desire to self harm, or thoughts of suicide can be present, as people struggle cope with their distress.
Online therapy can be really helpful if you are struggling with dissociation. Learning to become more aware of your internal world, to recognise triggers, and to develop strategies and resources to help you cope, can help you feel physically and emotionally safer. This can reduce dissociation.
Dissociation friendly counselling can help you..
- improve stress/distress tolerance
- have better coping skills
- develop greater understanding of yourself
- feel better about yourself
- feel more present in your life
I am passionate about supporting people who experience dissociative symptoms. There is hope, and things can get better for you.
In my online therapy space, you will find a calm, safe and accepting experience, with me. I am kind, empathic, and non judgemental in the support I provide. All parts of you are welcome in the therapy space. I do not work to time limits, and can provide long term counselling if thats what you need.
Your situation may feel really difficult to manage at the moment, but the good news is that it’s possible to feel better. Together we can work towards you feeling better.